A maxi skirt is a must-have for any woman's wardrobe. It can be dressed up or down, making it the perfect choice for any occasion. Whether you're looking for something to wear to work, to a party, or just out and about, these 20 maxi skirt outfits will have you dressed perfectly.
Maxi skirts are a long strip of fabric worn to cover the lower body and sometimes the upper area as well. When you have striped ones in your wardrobe collection, it's easier to create outfit ideas in your mind because you know that they are perfectly made to pair with any top. Here are some striped maxi skirt outfit pairing ideas you can try on or look for in stores.
1. Striped maxi skirt + Stripped button-down shirt: Match the stripes of the top to the stripes on your maxi skirt, and if it's too long, cuff it up! If you want to keep things casual, go with brown sandals instead of heels.
2. Striped Maxi Skirt+ Red flannel shirt: For colder weather, use colors that remind you of fall leave for this outfit idea; orange and yellow will do just fine! Pair these colors with brown ankle boots and a hat to protect yourself from the sun so you can enjoy your day outside.
3. Striped Maxi Skirt+ White sleeveless shirt: For a more formal yet still easy-to-wear outfit, match your striped maxi skirt with a white poplin blouse and enjoy the breeze on those sunny days!
4. Black and white striped maxi skirt + Blue button-down shirt: As seen as an inspiration photo for this striped maxi skirt outfit, make sure to only cuff the sleeves of your quarter length sleeve top if it's too long; otherwise, leave them down for a more stylish look. Pair these colors with brown ankle boots and go light on makeup because bright colors will already brighten your face up!
5. Navy and white striped maxi skirt + Yellow off-the-shoulder top: This outfit is very summery and perfect for the beach! Make sure to use blue or red high heels with this one; navy, white and yellow aren't as easy to match as black and white.
6. Striped Maxi Skirt+ Camel tank: For a more casual but still stylish outfit that needs no extra accessories, wear your striped maxi skirt with a camel shirt that fits loosely on top of it. Match these colors with brown ankle boots as well as neutral silver earrings so you can avoid clashing colors altogether.
7. Striped Maxi Skirt+ Green flannel shirt: As seen in some inspirational photos for this entry, make sure to cuff up the sleeves of your green flannel shirt if they are too long. Pair it with brown ankle boots or loafers for a more formal look, or go with lace-up sandals that have small heels!
8. Striped Maxi Skirt+ White tank top: As seen in this outfit pairing idea, you can definitely wear a white maxi skirt with another white top without being afraid of matching problems. If it's not the heat that makes you walk around in your comfy sneakers all day, you can wear them on laid-back days when paired with ripped jeans and layered chains!
9. Striped Maxi Skirt+ Black button-down blouse: For an edgier look, match your black button-down top with a black maxi skirt. You can keep things casual by wearing flat ankle boots or lace-up flats instead of high heels. Don't forget to add some attitude to this look by putting on an eye mask, sunglasses, and earrings with spikes!
10. Striped Maxi Skirt+ White turtleneck sweater: For cold weather that still allows you to show off your legs in style, choose a white turtleneck sweater for this outfit pairing idea and make sure the stripes are aligned properly. Otherwise, it will be hard to tell if they're horizontal or vertical! Add some color using red high heels as well as studded boho bangles; balance out their look with silver earrings and a small cross necklace.
11. Navy and white striped maxi skirt + White button-down shirt: Wear your navy and white striped maxi skirt with a sheer white blouse to balance out the bold colors of this outfit pairing idea, or if you really want to make things pop, do it like how they did in this photo; pair these colors with blue high heels and go for pink lips!
12. Black and white striped maxi skirt + Red lace top: As seen in an inspiration photo for this outfit pairing idea, wear your black and white striped maxi skirt with a red lace top so you can show off the red details on both pieces of clothing. Keep footwear simple by wearing flat ankle boots or loafers with this outfit pairing idea.
13. Black and white striped maxi skirt+ Pink blouse: As seen in an inspiration photo for this outfit pairing, you can also wear your black and white striped maxi skirt with a pink blouse. Make sure to cuff up the sleeves of the top if they're too long, or just leave them down for a more laid-back look that can go well on casual days.
14. Striped Maxi Skirt+ Green peasant top: Peasant tops are always great options when it comes to styling outfits; pair them with this blue striped maxi skirt and match these colors with ankle boots or flat sandals! Add some color using neutral silver earrings as well as blue bracelets.
15. Striped Maxi Skirt+ White peasant top: Peasant tops are always great options when it comes to styling outfits; pair them with this blue striped maxi skirt and match these colors with flat sandals or ankle boots! Add some color using neutral silver earrings as well as blue bracelets.
16. Striped Maxi Skirt + Floral swimsuit cover-up: If you want to look stylish during the summer, choose a striped maxi skirt and wear it on top of your floral swimsuit cover-up so you can avoid having an unflattering tan line during the hot season! Make sure to add some accessories like big sunglasses and metallic bracelets for a more edgy look.
17. Striped Maxi Skirt + White off-shoulder top: An inspiration photo for this outfit pairing idea, pair a striped maxi skirt with a simple white off-shoulder top and add some color using silver jewelry like earrings and bracelets. Keep footwear neutral by wearing black heeled sandals or ankle boots instead of heels to avoid going overboard with the look.
18. Black and brown striped maxi skirt + White high-low top: If you're looking for something more formal, wear your black and brown striped maxi skirt with a white high-low blouse that has lace details on it; add some drama to this look by pulling up one side of the front of your shirt. Wear brown leather ankle boots or high-heeled sandals with this outfit pairing idea.
19. Floral Maxi Skirt + White lace top: A bit more formal than the previous outfit pairing idea, pair a floral maxi skirt with a white lace top and add some color using gold jewelry like earrings and bracelets. Keep footwear neutral by wearing flat ankle boots or loafers instead of heels to avoid going overboard with the look.
20. Blue denim skater skirt + Navy polka dot blouse: Don't let the cold weather get in your way of looking stylish! Pair blue denim short-length skater skirts with warm winter clothing like navy polka-dotted blouses; you can even get away with black heeled shoes if it's snowing, but if the ground is too wet, choose flat boots instead.